Skip to content
                                                               HostNamaste OpenVZ VPS

What are the different types of web hosting?

Hi Everyone

I have recently started my clothing brand. My designs are amazing, and they are very popular among the locals. I want to take my work to the next level by making it professional. As you know, professionalism comes with a certain level of cost. I have been quoted $4000 for professional help in designing my website, business cards, and other things that will help me look more professional. Also, I have been quoted $600 for the domain name I want is unavailable. Now that I need to take my business to the next level, I want to pay. But as the amount is huge and my business is small, I want to take a wise step and ask for the second opinion of the professionals and my well-wishers. So before investing my hard-earned money, I am here for a few suggestions. Hope to get a few good ones!

What are the different types of web hosting?

What type of hosting do I need for my website?

How do I choose a web hosting provider?

Is domain and hosting the same?

What features should I include on my website?

How can I get a domain name that is already taken?

What are some creative ways to market my small business?

Is there any website offering deals or discounts for web hosting and domain names?

Looking for some good suggestions for web hosting and domain names. I already have a few in mind, but would like to hear from others as well. Thanks!

Comments

• Hello Everyone

Last week, I posted about domain name and hosting services. I got amazing response from the community and I wanted to thank each one of you for your comments and suggestions. Here I am sharing the information I got from the experts in this field.

1) Web hosting is a service that allows organizations and individuals to make their websites accessible on the internet. There are different types of web hosting services available, depending on the user's requirements. Some popular types of hosting include, shared hosting, VPS (Virtual Private Server), Dedicated Hosting, Cloud Hosting and Managed Hosting.

2) This depends on the size and type of website you want to create. If you are creating a small, personal website or blog, then shared hosting should be sufficient. On the other hand, if your website requires more advanced features such as databases and scripting languages, then VPS or dedicated hosting is recommended.

3) When it comes to selecting a web hosting provider, it is important to consider the features and services they provide, as well as their pricing. Look for providers that offer 24/7 customer service, backups and technical support for any issues you may encounter. Also look for providers with high uptime ratings and reasonable prices.

4) No, domain and hosting are not the same. A domain is a web address which points to your website, while hosting refers to the space allocated on a server for your website’s files and databases. In order for your website to be accessible on the internet, you need both a domain and hosting.

5) The features you choose to include on your website should depend on the purpose of your website. If it is an ecommerce site, you will need features such as an online store, payment processing, and a secure checkout system. For business websites, features like contact forms, customer testimonials, and portfolio galleries are important.

6) If the domain name you want is already taken, you can try to purchase it from the current owner. Alternatively, you could try adding a hyphen or other character in place of a word to make the domain more unique. You can also try using different top-level domains (TLDs), such as .net, .co, or .info instead of the traditional .com.

7) There are a number of creative ways to market a small business. First, you should focus on building an online presence by creating a website and social media accounts that showcase your products or services. You can also try running targeted ads on Google or Facebook, or reaching out to influencers in your industry to help promote your business.

8) Yes, there are several websites that offer deals and discounts for web hosting and domain names. Some of the more popular options include Namecheap, GoDaddy, HostGator, Bluehost, DreamHost, SiteGround, A2 Hosting and InMotion Hosting. Some best deals I came across are:
    https://www.retailmenot.com/coupons/hosting
    https://domainhostcoupon.com
    https://www.coupongot.com